Saturday, May 4, 2013

Alafia 6 Hour Classic


Another great endurance race on an awesome course! This year I teamed up with Stephen Karras and Cody Burnett to race the Hard Course Serious Men class. Our name was Team Man, Bear, Pig. Alafia is a course I ride a lot and it has many technical options. I felt really good going into the race and I kept a fast, consistent pace throughout all of my laps. I was really excited to be racing against some of the expert racers. Cody started our race and I brought up the second two consecutive laps and Stephen raced two more consecutive laps, followed by two from Cody. After that, we each raced single laps for the rest of the race. Not only was I mentally and physically ready, I was nutritionally on top of my game. Great lap times! Thanks to my dad for helping me prep for the race and coaching me in a training program that focuses on endurance, strength, and nutrition, I felt great! At the end of the day, Team Man, Bear, Pig pulled it out with Stephen sprinting up to the finish line to give us a 2nd place finish!




Big shout out to my brother, Morgan, for placing 3rd in his first six hour solo race in the Junior class! He dug down deep, overcame some mechanical challenges, and placed on the podium! So proud of my little brother!


Morgan coming thru the finish line in 3rd place!


No comments:

Post a Comment