Monday, September 17, 2012

FSC #1 - Tallahassee

FSC#1 - Pre-ride had me worried because it rained like crazy! Wasn't sure what to expect come race time. But I was completely surprised when we got to the race and it was pretty dry. Made it out the start in 2nd and was able to pull ahead of Troy Davis (in first) and Michael Mace (in third) and maintain the lead for a good part of the first lap. Unfortunately, they got me at a turn and bumped me to third. Wasn't able to pull ahead of either of them but placed a very respectable third. Riding with Michael and Troy really pushes me to become a better rider. They are both wicked fast! Looking forward to FSC#2 in Fernandina Beach. 

Congrats to my CycleYouth/LeRoys teammates for making the podium:  Cody Burnett - 3rd place Juniors 15-18, Adam Cohen - 5th place Juniors 15-18, Jordon Karras - 4th place Juniors 11-14, Ethan Audette - 5th place Juniors 11-14, and Madison McDaniel 5th place Women's Base. All of the CycleYouth/LeRoys riders did a great job! Congrats to my brother, Morgan, who rode a great race!

Crossing the creek
Out of the start gate - Troy Davis in the lead, me, and then Michael Mace 


Teammate Adam Cohen - Juniors 15-18

Teammate Cody Burnett - Juniors 15-18 3rd Place

My brother Morgan - riding like a pro!

Morgan out of the gate

Teammate Jordon Karras - Juniors 11-14 4th Place

Teammate Madison McDaniel - Women's Base 5th Place. Watch out all you female bikers, keep your eye on Madison - she is a tough competitor!
Podium!  Pulled out 3rd place. Michael Mace 1st, Troy Davis 2nd, Jordon Karras 4th, and Ethan Audette 5th. CycleYouth/LeRoys went three deep on the podium in Juniors 11-14!











No comments:

Post a Comment