Monday, September 17, 2012

FSC #2 - Fernandina Beach



FSC #2 - Fernandina Beach - what a blast! Pre-ride was great. The course flowed really well and it had a fun rocky climb. Felt really good about what I could do on Sunday. After the pre-ride, my family and the Burnett's headed to the beach for some fun in the sun. That was the best time ever! The waves were huge and kept beating us down. Did some boogey boarding and tried the skin board was didn't want to get hurt. Afterwards, we went to eat at Slidders which had awesome food. I hung out with the Burnetts and Karras' and carbed up for the race. 

Didn't get my best start race day. Michael Mace and Troy Davis shot out like rockets with Jordon Karras right behind them. I got caught behind another rider at a tight turn and it took me about a minute to make the pass. A minute might not seem long, but it can make all the difference in a bike race. Was able to pull up to 3rd before the climb and made the climb without a problem. The second lap was a problem, hit a sandy patch and crashed. Luckily, I didn't get hurt and got right back on my bike. Rode like the Devil was chasing me and crossed the finish line in a nice 3rd place. Have a better idea of what I need to work on for future races and can't wait for Gainesville - Hailes Trails!

Want to give a big shout out to Troy Davis for his first 1st place win in the FSC series!!! Congrats, bro! Congrats to Michael Mace for 2nd place, Jordon Karras for 4th place, and Dustin Zimmerman  (not picture - he was down at the beach) for 5th place. 

Another shout out to my teammate Cody Burnett for riding a great race and hitting the podium in 2nd place in the Juniors 15-18. Great job!


FSC #2 - Made the podium again - 3rd place!  

Making the climb
Hanging with my mom and Cody at the top of the climb before my wave started.

Morgan showing us all how it's done going up the climb!





Cody Burnett on the podium - 2nd place!

No comments:

Post a Comment