Monday, September 3, 2012

Great race yesterday in Gainesville, the 8 hours of Labor (San Felasco)...and the name was no joke!  Our team was great: me, Cody Burnett and Chris Burnett. Was a tough race, lots of expert and pro racers, but what a great experience! The day started out hot and then got rainy and humid.  It didn't stop us and in the end we managed to pull out a strong 10th place! The highlight of the day was meeting Tinker Juarez, what an awesome rider! Each race gives me more experience and confidence to dig in deep and show everyone what I'm made of. 

Looking forward to the first FSC race next weekend in Tallahassee. CycleYouth/LeRoys has a strong team and we are ready for some action. Super pumped up! As always, I want to say thank you to everyone that has helped my along in my journey:  my parents, LeRoy (LeRoy's Bike Works), my coach Chris Burnett, my other mother Christie Burnett, and all my teammates. 

Meeting the infamous Tinker Juarez!!!!

The up and comers: Shelby, Morgan (my little brother) and Adrian

On the front line: me, Jordan Karras, Michael Mace and Tinker Juarez!


A Le Mans start

Morgan pulled out First Place in his race!

Me and Michael Mace on the first lap

Strategizing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment